Whynter BWR-281DZ 28 bottle Dual Temperature Zone Built-In Wine Refrigerator***Low Stock!
Out of stock
Item Number: BWR-281DZ
Manufacturer Part No: BWR-281DZ
Ground shipping charge is included in the selling price, and it is only good within Lower 48 States
Whynter 18 bottle Built-In Wine
Whynter BWR-281DZ 28 bottle Dual Temperature Zone Built-In Wine Refrigerator
The Whynter built-in/undercounter dual temperature zone wine refrigerator offers premium quality and innovative design ideal for your wine collecting needs. Whether for the enthusiast or the connoisseur, the Whynter built-in/undercounter dual temperature zone wine refrigerator provides premium and advanced wine storage functionality.
This wine storage system (BWR-281DZ) can hold up to 28 standard 750ml wine bottles; 10 bottles in the top zone and 18 bottles in the bottom zone. The powerful compressor cooling process offers optimum temperatures (low 40ºF to mid 60ºF) for red, white, and sparkling wines. The front ventilation design of this unit allows for flush with cabinet undercounter installation or simply freestanding usage.
The premium appeal of the BWR-281DZ features a substantial stainless steel trimmed door accented with a luxurious curved handlebar. The five removable sliding shelves in the unit allows for customizable storage for different types of bottles.
- Model: BWR-281DZ
- Capacity: 28 standard 750ml wine bottles
- Upper Zone Capacity: 10 bottles
- Lower Zone Capacity: 18 bottles
- Dual zones for storing different wine varietals
- Built-In Installation / Free-Standing
- Stainless steel trimmed glass door with sleek black cabinet
- Luxurious curved handlebar
- Open-door and malfunction warning system
- Temperature memory function
- Sabbath mode function
- Tempered double-pane gray-smoked glass for enhanced UV protection
- Adjustable thermostat for each zone
- Upper zone (41ºF - 50ºF)
- Lower zone (50ºF - 72ºF)
- Soft white LED Interior Light with Function mode and Showcase mode
- Powerful fan-circulated compressor cooling ensures precise temperature distribution
- Reversible door swing
- Security Lock and key
- Fahrenheit and Celsius degree optional temperature indicators
- Five removable slide out wood-faced shelves
- Shelf One through Five: 5 bottles capacity
- Bottom section: 3 bottles capacity
- Environmentally friendly refrigerant
- Voltage: 115V /60Hz
- Power: 100 watts / 1.0 Amps
- ETL listed
- Product dimensions: 34”H x 15"W x 24"D (Add 2" in depth with handle installed)
- Package dimensions: 39”H x 17"W x 27"D
- Net weight: 77 lbs
- Gross weight: 82 lbs
- This unit has a one year limited warranty.
Instruction manual for BWR-281DZ(PDF)
Exchange and Return Policy:
- For damaged or defective unit, please contact us within five days from the date of receiving the product
- For returns, please fill out the Return Request Form within 15 days from the date of receiving the product. A 15% restocking fee will be applied and $200.00 shipping and handling fee that included in the original selling price are non-refundable
- This item will be shipped directly from manufacturer's warehouse via ground service within 1 business day of receiving your order
- Whynter does not ship this item to Hawaii and Alaska
Lovely dual zone wine fridge
1/22/2015 10:31 AM
My 3rd wine fridge in about 15 years. Had a hand me down Marvel and after that a GE profile. Both worked just fine but started looking dated after each move. They sure do get prettier over time.
This Whynter unit has a good sturdy feel and I really like the curved wooden shelves. Maybe it's just a personal preference but it make the unit stand out. Always get a dual zone unit if you're on the fence. The different temperature zones are very nice to have if you are particular about the how you enjoy your wines.
The unit insulates very well even in the heat and is nearly silent built in. I'm glad the unit was delivered with a truck and not put through the normal delivery process. Arrive spotless and ready to use. Not sure if it's the wine, but I'm definitely happy with it.
**Update as of July 22, 2014 after 4 months of use**
Everything is working as expected. Temperatures are still consistent in both zones and runs great.Very pleased with it.
Nearly stunning, suprisingly affordable.,
8/22/2014 2:24 PM
As a previous Viking wine fridge owner, I've been spoiled. I wasn't expecting anything close given the fraction of the cost. I was duly pleased by what I got in this dual zone wine fridge.
The wine fridge shipped via freight which was a nice surprise. I would not have enjoyed receiving this delivery if had to get beat up by UPS package delivery. Scheduling the delivery ahead of time was also way more convenient than getting that annoying door tag when you miss the delivery. So it was off to a good start.
Packaging was plain but sturdy enough for the item. Handle bar had to be installed and was easy enough. Nice handle bar actually. Easy to grip with no sharp corners. The shelving is very very nice. It's wood trimmed metal shelving, which actually gives it more space in the interior. The shelves are fully removeable and I'm actually no using the bottom most shelf. I store my larger bottle on the bottom. Storage0wise it fits 28 750ml bottles with no problems. I'm actually surprised I a 15" dual zone unit could fit that many bottles. If you want to put larger bottles, just remove the bottom most shelf on either
The actual installation was easy enough and I actually had this put into my library/bar room. Fits well and appears to be ADA compliant with the height, not something I was specifically looking for but was fine with me. The lighting is very sleek. Never realized white LED lighting could look this fancy. Each zone has it's one lighting to it's adequately illuminated. Controls are easy enough and the display is fairly true to actuals based on some basic comparison I did with an oven thermometer. Both zones are pretty distinct and good at keeping their own set temps. The unit itself also runs fairly quiet. I do use the room as a study at times and have not noticed it running in the background. I did catch it cycling once, but it's for the most part subtle. Forgot to mention that the lock on the unit itself was a plus especially with teenagers in the house! The one negative I had was the clarity of the temperature display, slightly difficult to read in lowlight situations.
This is actually a interestingly premium type wine refrigerator that may not have every single refinement of your top end fridges but is certainly not lacking in style and performance. Given the relative price, this is actually a really decent buy.